Sunday, December 25, 2011

The Twelve Friends of Christmas Eleven

So, one of the great blessings from this last few months has been the Moores.  When I was figuring out that I was going to BYU this year I needed a place to stay and classes to take.  But the whole ordeal was stressing me out.  So I decided to not worry about it and deal with it when I got home.  Ya know, during the three weeks I'd have before the semester started.  Not the best idea, but I figured it'd work.  The night I got home from Sacramento I got a call from Travis.  He asked if I wanted to live with him and his brothers.  An awesome answer to prayers.

When I arrived at Chez Moore I was already feeling great.  The drive up with Landon was a lot of fun.  First time driving a truck like that.  We got to unload the truck, pick up a couch, switch out couches, help their cousin move (that was a few days later).  Adventures from the start.

They each have such idiosyncrasies.  Landon is the butt of everyone's jokes.  But fortunately the girls love him.  Mostly for his awkwardness that shows a inner kindness and deep patience.  And he destroys everything.  But only on accident.  Like our walls.  And the planter.  But he really is a decent guy.  Not always the best at communicating.  He thinks tea is disgusting.  And sometimes he offends people with his honesty.  But he really does try.  And he wants to help and will even if it means sacrificing for a friend.  And it is really just that he is open.  We love him because he puts up with us.

Jeremy is the studmuffin of the apartment.  Who doesn't love a man in uniform?  And now he's gonna take MMA classes.  Ridiculously strong for his size.  Do not tickle him unless you're prepared to defend yourself.  Seriously, he kinda hulks out when he is tickled.  Which just makes it more fun.  He is very musical.  And I love french horns.  And violins.  Some of my favorite instruments.  I remember pulling a handcart for hours one day at a celebration in Granite Creek Park years ago.  Just fun.  And we had some good double dates.  I kinda forced him sometimes, but it was always fun.  BYU has some great shows.


Travis Moore.  Oh dear.  The stories and history go way back.  He is Eric's best unrelated friend.  They've been conniving for almost a decade now.  Hearing their stories is inspiring for mischief.  Kinda like when Harry Potter finds out his dad was a juvenile delinquent.  He taught me seminary.  We planned ridiculous events.  Godfather.  Finals pillow fight.  Fugitive.  Trojan popcorn attack.  Life is just good.  The adventures are many.  The fun is great.  And the possibilities seem to only be limited by time.


I really love these guys.  They help me be active, have fun, not be too serious, and keep working hard.  I wouldn't trade my roommates for cheaper rent or a closer location.  Though, I suppose eventually I will trade them for a girl when I get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment