Friday, December 16, 2011

The Twelve Friends of Christmas Two

As with everything else going wrong today, I forgot to post this yesterday.  So I'm adding two names to my list today.

Amanda Shapter.  She is my best friend.  What haven't we done together?  A lot actually, which is one of my favorite things about her.  She has always supported me except when I'm about to do something stupid or that might hurt someone else.  She checks me.  Also, she has led me on many a wonderful adventure and is a great planner of exciting events.  But through it all she has never pushed me to be anyone that I am not.  Amanda never pushed me to drink or to be unchaste.  She has always honored and respected my boundaries and needs.  For that I love her.

I miss the jokes and wry smiles when we know what we're thinking.  I miss talking about boys and beaus and the ridiculousness of our lives.  Knitting, I miss the knitting.  The long talks in my parking lot or over a look out or anywhere we were when one of us needed to talk.  The cuddling.  The naps on her bed before going to dinner at NAU.  Physics...awesome.  She always saved me a seat because I was always almost late with frozen hair.  I still have the doodles in my notebook from her.  When I get tired of economics I let myself get distracted by them.  Physics lab was pretty fun too.  Dead trees.  I love dead trees and trees in winter.  She gave them a whole new life to me.  Especially when they have a sunset as their background.

I love you Amanda Shapter.

1 comment:

  1. I seriously could not stop smiling the entire time I was reading this. You are the most amazing friend and I love you always and forever.

    ReplyDelete