Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Twelve Friends of Christmas Eight

This one kinda came as a surprise to me.  Amanda Garcia really has been a gem in my life.  We met in judo club a few years back.  She was so spry and fiery.  I was impressed by her writing and ability to express herself.  And, of course, sparring/wrestling with her was an experience both intimate and sensual.  We had fun.  I always remember us first holding hands while reading Les Mis together.  Good nights.

Amanda always impressed me with how she worked with people.  Though tiny, she wields a huge personality.  It connects people.  It gives energy and drive to others.  So once she gets them moving with her attitude she also can direct them with herideas and words.  She is very good at that.   But she has a good nature about it.  She isn't demanding or controlling, she just genuinely has great ideas and wants others to enjoy them as well.

I don't think we broke up on the best of terms.  I wasn't the best to her.  And her parents didn't like me, for fairly good reasons I think.  And I was leaving.  But when I got home we started talking again.  And a lot came up.  And a lot came out.  I found that Amanda is still a dear, kind, and trustworthy friend.  She is so accepting.  She is willing to wait and watch and think before acting.  So she can help a lot more.  I'm impressed with her loyalty and love.  Her openness is something I'd love tofind.  And her joy is really unmatched.  I think she's great.  Thank you Amanda, you really are a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment