Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Twelve Friends of Christmas Five

The Natalies!  Aren't they sweet.  As amazing as it is there are four Natalies who happened to be in my life right now.  Four!  Ridiculous.  But a wonderful blessing as they are all some of the sweetest gals you could meet.

Natalie the Elder (Campbell, formerly known as Bonnet).  She married my brother!  She's an adventurer.  Seriously, she can keep up with Travis and Eric and that is a feat rarely attempted by women so you know she is special.  An elusive butterfly.  Deeply religious with a tempered testimony of truth.  She often inspires me to repent and be better.  A brilliant microbiologist.  Very smart all around.  And she likes Tegan and Sara, just fantastic.

Natalie Bedard.  She is a Canuck and soon to be German.  Can you get triple citizenship?  She speaks English, French, and German.  I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't pick up a few other languages in her life.  She graduates soon in environmental engineering (if it hasn't changed in the last couple years).  She spent a summer in Germany doing research.  Oh, did I mention she has one of the strongest testimonies of anyone I've met.  Another inspiration of mine to live this Gospel I love so dearly.

Natalie Harman.  I met her in my dance class.  We first met while doing a Greek dance and then became friends after several hours of folk dancing at a recreation night.  She kick-boxes.  She taught herself to play guitar and often writes music for her favorite poems so she can sing them.  She also plays piano and has a lovely voice.  She wants to do it all and has the potential to do so.  She is very thoughtful and takes care of those around her.  Very open about the gospel she always makes sure to talk about it in a comfortable and non-confrontational way.  It shows the peace we're supposed to find in the message.  She really is a sweetheart.

And the other Natalie (I never learned her last name).  She was my dance partner when I learned how to do a Mexican Polka.  Such a funny gal.  She is married.  And one of the most happily married people I've met.  She just loves her hubby.  And she talks about it.  Not in an awkward or obsessed or superior way, just pure love for a guy that she just can't keep inside.  Also, she called me out.  I appreciated it.  She called me out for flirting with her when she is married.  My response was that I don't think you should treat a friend differently just because they're married or single.  But that takes some chutzpah.  I had to seriously look at my actions because of that.  And I'm thankful for it.  It helped me change and act differently.  Which I need.

So, to all four of you, thank you.  I consider you all wonderful parts of this last semester and gifts in my life.  You're great!

No comments:

Post a Comment