Monday, July 20, 2009

Never Count Our Friendship

This is aimed at all willing to read and those willing to learn; I feel it must be understood.

Never count the bills we pick up for the each other, because I'll get it sometimes.  Never count the times I fail you, because I will do it again someday.  Never count the days we talk on the phone, the letters that should have been sent weeks ago, or hours spent together, because there will always be more.  Never count the hours I am unable to speak with you or give you advice, because I'm always devoted to you.  Never count the times I give you advice, because I often need to hear it more than you do.  Never count our friendship, because those things of greatest value aren't defined by numbers.

Never count me for good or evil, because I'll always prove otherwise.  Never count on me making the right decision, because neither of us know what it is.  Never count on my waiting, because I serve those most immediate.  Never count on my resolve, because I have faith in no end except ending all.  Never count my love, because you can't define how much you mean to me.  Never count our friendship, because I stopped keeping score once you won my loyalty.

No comments:

Post a Comment